Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Tribute To My Mother


"If it had to be done, you can do it."
My mother use to say,
"If you look hard enough and think through it,
I know you'll find a way."

Etta Mary Allen 1930
"If you need a fancy house
For a funny little mouse
Or a costume of a kind,
You can do most anything.

If you want to, and you have to,
You can figure out a way
To fix, or build or sew that thing
In just another day."

If it doesn't work the first time,
It's really not a mystery.
The answer to those problem lie
In the work, you see."

Now mother was magic.
There were things she couldn't do,
But - if it had to be done , she do it,
Work at it till she got through it.

So much my mother taught me.
So many days and nights
We worked at this or that
Till the project turned out right.

Grandma Etta 1965
How grateful I am now
For the time well spent, she gave.
She alone deserves the credit for
The project I have made.

For she's the one who planted
That eager little seed
The confidence I needed
To finish up the deed.

barbara cope
copyright Oct 1978

No comments:

Post a Comment